Terms and Conditions
Payment Obligations, Renewals, and Cancellations
- Website Development Payment Obligations: A down payment is required to begin the development of your website. This is usually 50% of the upfront design fee unless an alternative contract or proposal specifies a different amount. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the design, navigation, and pages have been approved and built. Final payment is due regardless of whether all content for the pages ha s been sent by the client. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that Pondy World gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the client. After payment, Pondy World will still post outstanding content AT NO CHARGE for 3 months. In the event an “under construction” page is posted due to missing content, Pondy World will post ONE copy of any text/pictures on existing pages only, for up to 3 months after the publishing date. After the three months have expired, content posted to the site will be billable at our current regular hourly rate. If design and navigation changes are requested by the client after they have been specifically approved by the client, these changes will be billable at our current regular hourly rate.
- Website Development Cancellation: If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating a design concept), then the down payment is non-refundable. Pondy World may elect at its sole discretion to offer a partial refund depending upon the circumstances.
- Stock Photography Payment Obligations:Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. Stock photography purchased on behalf of the client for use in website development is billable. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development. Some pictures are more expensive than others, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the cost to purchase photos before purchasing.
- Description of Ongoing Costs:There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration/renewal and hosting.
- Domain name registration/renewal:This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.mygroup.org, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. You are NOT required to register a domain through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Many services are not honest in the way they sell names and we spend a lot of time helping people re-secure rights to the name they thought they had already purchased. If you have registered your name, make sure you have yourself as the Registrant and Administrative Contact with a current, easily accessible email address. This will help to ensure that your domain can be renewed or transferred should the need arise. Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
- Hosting:This cost recurs annually. Hosting places the website on a server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. You are NOT required to host through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Hosting comes with domain-based emails, bandwidth, storage space, database and security tools, and other features. Projects that involve custom programming must be hosted with Pondy World to ensure the programs that we write will work. If you want to host your site on another server this must be disclosed before we begin programming.
- Hosting Renewal Payment Obligations:Your hosting account will be automatically renewed unless you give written notice to Pondy World fifteen (15) days before the renewal date that you do not wish to renew the account.
- Hosting Cancellation Payment Obligations:You may cancel at any time. If you cancel before the first 30 days from the opening of your account, please refer to the details under “Limited 30-day Money Back Guarantee.” If you cancel after the first 30 days, you will be obligated to pay all fees accrued before the effective date of the cancellation. Pondy World will refund the prepaid fees for basic hosting for the full months remaining after the effective date of the cancellation, less any prior charges, and an early cancellation fee of $25. Accounts that are terminated by Pondy World for abuse or violations of internet standards or these terms and conditions will not receive any refund. All cancellations must be received in writing according to the deadlines indicated: regular mail and e-mail are acceptable. Phone requests will not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Refunds will be issued back to you within 10 business days from your cancellation date.
- Hosting Transfer Payment Obligations:If you wish to transfer your hosting to another provider Pondy World can, upon request, assist with this. There may be charges related to any transfer that cannot be easily facilitated by providing Cpanel access and/or FTP access.
- Limited 30-day Money Back Guarantee on Hosting:If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days from the opening of the account, you will be given a refund on your hosting fee excluding setup fees and time accrued from the setup date. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase. If your account has been canceled by us due to a breach of the terms and conditions on your part, you will not be eligible for a refund. Domain name registration is non-refundable.
- Sites NOT Hosted by Pondy World:Should the client decide to host their site on another server, Pondy World cannot guarantee that all elements of the site will work. Pondy World will make a reasonable effort to research the problem on the foreign platform to let the client know what we think the problem is. However, we cannot take responsibility for problems caused by or on another hosting server, including but not limited to email, FTP, SSL, database, server software, and site security issues. If Pondy World believes it will take a significant amount of time to fix the problem, we will advise the client before proceeding. In most cases, fixing problems on a foreign hosting server is billable.
- Website Maintenance:There are no required maintenance fees other than domain registration and hosting. Most people do some work on their site every year, for which we offer several plans. We can make certain parts of the site updatable by you by implementing a custom Content Management System. For work we do on the site after going live, we charge on an hourly basis. If you expect that maintenance will be a regular occurrence, you can buy a prepaid maintenance contract that affords a discounted hourly rate. If need be, we can customize a maintenance plan for your needs, but no plan is required.
- Website Maintenance Payment Obligations:Depending upon the nature of the website changes, a prepayment may be required. Should the client be invoiced after the changes are completed, the invoice is due upon receipt. If payment is not received within 30 days, the maintenance changes may be taken down until payment is received. After 60 days, there may also be a reposting fee added to the outstanding maintenance invoice balance.
- What is the estimated delivery time? Our estimated delivery is about 7-45 days. Business days exclude public holidays and Sundays.
- Are there any hidden costs (sales tax) on services sold by Pondyworld? There are NO hidden charges when you make a purchase on Pondyworld. List prices are final and all-inclusive. The price you see on the service page is exactly what you would pay.
- Thanks for purchasing our services at www.pondyworld.com operated by PondyWorld.We offer a full money-back guarantee for all purchases made on our website. If you are not satisfied with the service that you have purchased from us as per the contract, you can get your money back no questions asked. You are eligible for a full reimbursement within 7 calendar days of your purchase.
- After the 7-day period, you will no longer be eligible and won't be able to receive a refund. We encourage our customers to try the service in the first weeks after their purchase to ensure it fits their needs. Refund will be done in 5-7 working days.
- If you have any additional questions or would like to request a refund, feel free to contact you.
- Homepage Design:Once the site design is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
- Navigation:Once the site outline/map is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure. Once we build this structure per client approval, any subsequent changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
- Content:Provision of content is the customer’s responsibility unless specifically negotiated ahead of time as part of the project proposal.
- Text content:Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proofread by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Copy development:Should the client wish Pondy World to develop content for the site, website copy is billable at our regular hourly rate. Development of copy is accomplished via Pondy World Web Development interviewing the client about the topic areas to be addressed on their web pages. Pondy World then composes an appropriate copy, submits it to the client for review, edit, and approval. Approved copy is then posted to the web pages.
- Graphical content:Images outside of the website design must be provided in digital form or in a form that can be easily scanned unless otherwise provided for in the customer’s contract. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
- Database Implementation:Entry of data for database applications is considered the client’s responsibility. Entry of data by Pondy World is billable unless otherwise provided for in the customer’s contract.
- Email:We offer free domain-based email accounts to our clients as part of any hosting contract. If the site is not hosted by Pondy World, we take no responsibility for setting up and troubleshooting email problems.
- Training:For websites with administrative control panels or content management systems, a one-hour Basic Training (Editor Access) will be provided. Additional training and/or Advanced Training can be scheduled at an additional fee.
- Technical Support:We offer local and long-distance phone support to our clients.
Training and Tutorials
Because customer service is an integral part of our business strategy, our projects include a one-time complimentary training session for our clients to better make use of their new web technology. Additional training hours can be purchased at our standard hourly rate or applied against your existing maintenance contract.
Domain Transfers and DNS Management
For domains not originally registered with Pondy World, there will be a fee to either transfer the domain into our registration platform or transfer it out to another registrar. If your domain is not registered with Pondy World, DNS management and troubleshooting tasks are billable at our hourly rate.
Websites with Proprietary Source Code
- Should a client contract with Pondy World to write custom code for a website application, this code is not transferable to a new developer or host. Custom written source code is considered the property of Pondy World Web Development and cannot be shared with other developers. Clients are granted a license to use custom software code while on Pondy World servers only. Pondy World Web Development retains ownership of the code.
- In some cases, Pondy World will install software for the client’s use that has been built by a third party. Examples include WordPress software, FCK editor software, shopping carts, photo galleries, etc. In these instances, clients will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party who owns the software and may use the software as a licensee only. No ownership rights of any kind are transferred to the client.
- Access to or transfer of proprietary source code could result in a security risk to Pondy World and its clients who are running similar pieces of code. To provide custom software development services, clients give us access to private and/or sensitive information, trade secrets, proprietary pricing, and business methods. If clients believed that we may be sharing this information with outside developers, they could lose faith that we are protecting their proprietary information. Therefore, neither access nor the transfer of any code built for any purpose that is unique and not commonly and publicly available can be granted. Should the client want us to build software to run on another server, it must be disclosed upfront and specifically contracted for.
Pondy World Web Development maintains and troubleshoots the websites we develop for our clients, as well as any domain-based email accounts of those websites. We do NOT assume responsibility for upkeep or provide non-billable troubleshooting on our clients’ ISPs (Internet Service Providers), ISP-based email accounts (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc), your home or office internet connections, or any other non-domain-based issues outside Pondy World Web Development’s realm of service. Provision of non-domain-based troubleshooting services will be billable at our normal hourly rate.